Yin & Yoga Nidra - ONLINE -Yoga for Inner Peace
"Just completed a cyber yin yoga class with Louise through Zoom. Such an amazing experience and a beautiful class. Who said you can’t do yoga whilst in self isolation. Feeling very relaxed and ready for bed now. Thanks again Louise for such a beautiful Yin Yoga Class." Rebecca Wilkinson
'Yoga for Inner Peace' sessions are lovingly designed to allow you to press the Pause button and to drop into a deep healing space.
The 75 min sessions are a journey of nurturing Yin yoga, ending with a divine guided Yoga Nidra meditation.
Sessions will be led by myself, Louise Walker . . you will be guided by my soothing voice, and gentle nurturing energy.
"I’ve now attended two of Louise’s online yoga classes and I can definitely say they are amazing. Louise has a way of being able to guide you with her words without having to check your screen and you feel totally connected. You can soak up everything the practice has to offer in the comfort of your own home.
The best part is, once the practice is over you can snuggle up in your bed for a blissful night sleep because you don’t have to drive home" Michelle Lucas
You will find my yoga teaching style is compassionately gentle, slow and full of pointed instruction to guide you safely through every posture. At the end of these sessions you will feel more relaxed and calm and ready to go to sleep or refreshed and ready to face a new day.
These sessions are held LIVE at Kodama Retreat, Holgate in our studio nestled deep in nature and surrounded 360 degrees by healing power of magnificent trees.
"I recently attended a few online yoga classes taught live by Louise. The Yin and Yoga Nidra Class yesterday was especially calming and what I needed before I start the week again. Thanks for providing an alternative option during this tricky time! Yoga is one of the things I want to keep practising, even more so to help myself stay strong and centred. Definitely check out Louise's meditations and classes if you are needing something nourishing." Huibing Goh
IMPORTANT NOTE RE BOOKINGS:
***Please note that spaces are limited so bookings via my website for this class are essential.
On booking you will shortly receive an email back from me with your zoom link to access the class. This email will include all instructions and step by step directions to join.
You will need to download ZOOM onto your laptop/ ipad/ phone to access the class.
Please note - the bigger screen the better the experience for experiencing the class, so choose a laptop over an iphone if possible.
With Love Louise xx
What is Yin yoga?
• Yin yoga is an intensely healing and gentle practise that works on a physical, energetic, emotional and mental level.
• Yin Yoga is a gentle practice targets the deep connective tissues, fascia, tendons, ligaments, bones, blood and even the joint sites of the body
• Yin postures are held for three to five minutes to effectively activate the meridian lines (energetic pathways).
• Time spent in the poses is meditative so the practise presents a humble but powerful opportunity to allow us to get to know parts of ourselves (physical and subtle body) that we haven’t connected to before.
• Yin is unique as we hold the poses with our muscles relaxed, creating a gentle stretch - just enough to stimulate a healing response in the body and encouraging cell regeneration and assisting the health and wellbeing of certain within the body
• Yin yoga removes blockages in our pranic body and also allows us to gain increased flexibility, as we take our bodies to the edge of our natural range of movement
• A yin yoga practise gently but firmly invites us to stop and to be at ease with stillness - inside and out.
What is Yoga nidra?
• A guided state of deep conscious sleep. A Systematic method of inducing physical, mental and emotional relaxation, all whilst maintaining awareness at deeper levels.
• The process of yoga nidra takes our awareness deep into parts of ourselves that we normally cannot access because of tensions.
• Yoga nidra is practiced whilst lying on the floor in savasana and following the instructions spoken.
• In order to prevent the consciousness becoming withdrawn and leading to sleep, the awareness is maintained in yoga nidra by you concentrating on the auditory channel.
Yoga nidra and yin are both powerful healing practises that I use myself personally at least once a week and sometimes more when life feels more challenging.
TESTIMONIALS FROM YOGA CLIENTS:
" I really loved the bliss of the yin stretches, and Louise your reassuring words throughout the whole evenings carried me into a perfect space for catching up with me. I simply floated home and had the best and deepest nights sleep. You created the most supportive, comfortable and safe space and I really can’t imagine how you could improve on the experience, it was truly, blissfully healing. Thank you." Wendy Ballard
"I attended the Yin Yang Fusion class today. Thank you Louise. You make every session beautiful. You have a gift that I cannot explain. I love love love the personal touches. Just wish they were longer. I so look forward to the next one." Denise Ellison
"The beginner yoga course at Kodama was amazing with clear directions and a great insight into what yoga is. The yoga relieved my anxiety and stress and created a feeling of wholeness. The focus on breath helped balance my mind, body and soul. Thank you." Penny PattersonKnox
"I had the pleasure of attending a beginner Yoga course with Louise. It was very informative, the venue was bursting with positive energy and the beginners instruction was very well put together. I will be going back for more." Viv Bowyer
“I am not new to yoga but what I really like about Louise’s style is that she takes the consideration to make sure you are in each pose correctly. It’s surprising how even minor adjustments can make such a difference. Her gentle manner & patience makes her the perfect teacher for beginners & her skill & technique will benefit everyone from beginners to committed yogi’s." Marlene Headington